Update on Paediatric Diabetes Service at UHL.
(29th January 2013)
Dr James Greening has kindly responded to the Leicestershire Parents Group of DUK enquiries about the Paediatric Diabetes Service at UHL. See LGP Minutes
- Dr James Greening remains the Lead for the Service
- 2 locum doctors are in post and
- 2 full time substantive Consultant post are out to advert
- 2 new PDSNs are in post (Claire and Jo) bringing the service up to 4 PDSNs
- 1 Dietitian is in post and another dietician job will advertised shortly
We are making significant changes to the service with the intention that the we are to deliver the Paediatric tariff by April.
- The insulin pump service is still functioning on the basis of 4 patients a month
- The 1st group went live on their pumps last week.This is with the support of Medtronic .