Useful contact numbers for children and young adults with diabetes
Help is at a hand- Quick access to numbers and people that can help your child or yourself with emergencies.
Children’s Diabetes Team (UHL)
Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Paediatric Team Secretary - 0116 258 6222
- Children’s Diabetes Nurses Office- 0116 258 6796
Out of hours - urgent care
Emergencies LRI - 0300 3031573 (switchboard)
The Children’s Diabetes Nurses offer an on call service for urgent enquiries during the following times 08.30-4.30pm Mon- Fri. Call the above switchboard number and ask for the CHILDRENS Diabetes NURSE on call.
Childrens admissions unit
If you are member of the family needing help outside these hours. Call the children’s admissions unit which is open 24 hours. 0116 258 6923.
- Childrens ward 11: 0116 258 5244
- Childrens clinics: 0116 258 5147
Childrens Clinics in Community
The Paediatric Clinics are held at the following community hospitals
- Coalville Community Hospital 01530 467431
- Loughborough Hospital 01509 564355
- Melton Mowbray- Latham House 01664 854905
- Market Harborough & District Hospital 01858 438135
Young Adults and Transitional Care
- Dawn Kitchener Young Adults Diabetes Specialist Nurse (DSN) she is available anytime if you want to chat about diabetes or personal matters in confidence. The telephone number is: 0116 258 5545
- Adolescent clinics at UHL: 0116 258 6481 or 0116 258 5402 or 0116 258 6222
- Young Adult Clinic Coalville, tel: 01530 467445