Our Vision: Department Of Diabetes And Endocrinology
The Diabetes Team aims to provide a wide range of services for people with diabetes of all ages and their carers, as well as provide training, resources and support for multi-disciplinary staff across primary and secondary care in caring for people with diabetes.
The Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology are part of the Acute Medicine and A&E Services of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL).
The department works across site at:
- The Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI)
- The Leicester General Hospital (LGH)
- The Glenfield Hospital (GH).
- In partnership with local clinical commisioning groups (CCGs) across Leicestershire and Rutland.
In the next 3 years we want Leicester’s Hospitals to be…
In the top 5 best emergency & specialist trusts in the country where patients receive "caring at its best" from highly motivated, skilled staff who enjoy their work
- Recognised for premium research and innovation which directly contributes to better care for our patients and attracts both new clinical talent and new funding.
- The place where the next generation of clinicians want to complete their studies.
- Productive, low or no wait hospitals with transformed clinical pathways which enable better patient care and create significant surpluses to invest in future services.
- An active partner in the local NHS; working with others in and out of hospital and involving patients and the public to ensure that they receive the best care when and where they need it.
- We hope that this website will be useful to patients and health care professionals alike by providing extensive literature and resources on-line.